Friday, July 26, 2013

Around the Farm

Our family spends many afternoons riding around the farm in order to break up long days and survey the land around us; on these days, I often grab my camera to take pictures of the crops or of nature in general.  The landscape is ever changing, and beauty presents itself in many forms.  Before moving to the Delta, I seemed always to picture flat land and power polls.  Now, I see something lovely on every turn row. 

Please forgive my lack of photography skills.  Beauty is easier to see than it is to capture.  I hope to learn to use my camera properly one of these days.  Right now it is hard to find time between digging crayons out of Walker's mouth (he's a fiend), cooking and cleaning, and wrangling our precious 3-year-old and a 1-year-old.



 
Watching weather move in across the flat land of the Delta is an amazing sight.

 
Soybean field
 
 
Beautiful bayou area adjacent to the farm property
 

Cane Lake

 
Cattails


 
 
 
 
 
 
Meet Audrey
 
 
A Delta sunset is something to see in person.  My picture doesn't do it justice.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment